Tuesday, July 16, 2013

And just like that...

... I feel (almost) better.


I forgot how quickly it happens. Two weeks ago Thursday, I had an absolutely terrible day. I was sick most of the time. I may have cried a lot.

Then I woke up Friday with no sickness at all. I thought I was just having one of those good days that happened so rarely. I took it easy, afraid that I would lose that feeling. 

Then Saturday came, and miraculously, I still felt great. I actually did laundry for the first time that day.

On Sunday, I made it to church with fifteen minutes left of Sacrament meeting (we have 8am church), a first in two months. Since I missed the sacrament, I took it in another ward later that day. Between the bread and the water, and with my eyes closed and my arms folded, I got the impression that it was time to be a normal mom again. It was the greatest feeling ever. That night I cooked dinner for the first time in a long while.

And of course by Monday morning, I was still feeling terrific. I hadn't been that happy since finding out I am pregnant. I took June to the library that day. We went to Joe's Farm Grill for lunch to share a "burgerfries" (as June calls it), we drove to Barnes and Noble where we read more books and played with the train set, got a vanilla ice cream cone (another daily occurrence for me), and drove by the Gilbert Temple to see its continued progress. (June loves seeing the temple and saying that Jesus lives there.)

It feels so incredibly, wonderfully, magnificently, great to be a mom again.

I did say before that I feel (almost) better. I still get a little queasy at night (I'm not sure if it's the pregnancy or the prenatal vitamins). And the painful and intense heartburn/indigestion started waaaaaaaay earlier this time around (I didn't get it until my third trimester with June). But these are nothing compared to what I was going through before. I'll take what I can get.

My summer vacation officially starts now.

9 comments:

  1. Hip, hip, HOORAY!!!! Just in time for us to visit next week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're coming next week?!!! OOOOO can't wait to squeeze Julie.

      Delete
  2. Glad you are feeling better! Now we can play!! My heartburn started a lot sooner with my second pregnancy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thursday night is when Sharknado was released. Coincidence? I think not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy you're feeling just about back to normal!!!!! Breakfast meats?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless your heart. It just gets worse AND better from here. LOL! During your next slump, remember that one day when you have this baby, life will be great again...and then you'll get a new challenge, like sleep deprivation. :) I do admit that at times with my last pregnancy I felt like I was being "punished" for the choice to have another kid. However, I'm proud to say that I have emerged from that feeling...it took me 9 months of pregnancy, and about 10 months of craziness, but I have finally adjusted. Try to "enjoy" the roller coaster as much as you can. There's nothing else like it, and in my opinion, the struggle we experience as we bring life into this world is actually beautiful thing (sometimes it feels more beautiful when you're looking back on it, LOL!). Have a great day & congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debra Jo!! Those are sweet words I always need to hear.

      Delete
  6. How wonderful! I think you just gave me the courage to *think* about having another. Great news.

    ReplyDelete