Friday, February 12, 2010

How many licks does it take to get to the mustache part of the Tootsie Pop?


This is a Valentine one of my adorable students made:




















I decided I'm going to wear this as a name tag all the time, although it's about the size of my head.

This year for my 5th grade Valentine's Day celebration, I made these for my students:















They're felt lips and mustaches attached to the stick part of a valentine sucker.
I got the idea here.

My students went crazy. The boys' desperation for facial hair quickly faded when they popped those suckers in their mouths. After awhile, the mustaches were transformed to a unibrow, sideburns, and yes, armpit hair. To have created a moment like that is something that I'll be proud of for years to come.

Here's to my Valentine!






















I love you, kins.

5 comments:

  1. TO DIE FOR!!! I am going to copy you next year. I LOVE your pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the coolest teacher. All I gave my kids was a plain sucker!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun! I bet you are the most FAVORITE teacher in the entire school. And..when did your hair get so long? It's beautiful..I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete