Last night, William and I had a sleepover for the nephews.
We were going to go swimming, but instead we engaged in a battle of water balloons and water guns. You can see the rage written all over the faces of these boys. They definitely inherited this competition gene from MY brothers and I. Watch as the battle unfolds...
Here is Grant confidently running after he just mauled his younger brother with a water balloon...
...then Carson counterattacks!!! (While the rest of the nephews are wearing their shirts, notice Carson's the only one with his shirt off. He has yet to discover the 'pale skin' gene that has also infected the entire Coombs family)
It seemed that Emerson had just discovered the magic of water balloons and squirt guns. He only aimed at the grass. (Maybe he was testing the artillery for his team. When I asked if this was indeed his intention, he just said "Dinosaur.")
William got in on the action, but couldn't live up to the unstoppable force called Mitch...
... so Easton grabs a bazooka to save Uncle Will from his brother...
...Band of Brotherly Love.
Mitch committed a war crime by attacking Aunt Jenny who happened to be holding a very expensive camera. I was able to capture the moment for evidence. Watch as he shows no mercy:
Uncle Will decided he needed to teach these boys a lesson... with 2 SuperSoakers to the face.
Poor defenseless Carson...
And one last attack on Aunt Jenny with the camera:
Taking a break on a sprinkler (hey, if it feels good...):
THE FINAL ASSAULT!!!!!
After cleaning up the damage (175 water balloon remnants), we were able to recover from our battle wounds with an Orange Crush.
Other sleepover highlights:
1. Watching Emerson mooch a ride 5 times from another kid on the Merry-Go-Round at Peter Piper Pizza.
2. Carson pleading, "Please don't suck my blood!" after Grant tried on the fangs he won from playing games.
3. Listening to Carson sing "Fireflies".
4. Dance party complete with a strobe light and fog machine...(then the endless requests later that night to play "Smooth Criminal" by Michael Jackson.)
5. Listening to Mitch complain about how lame my dance moves were. ("Stop Jenny, you stink!!!)
6. Watching '3 Ninjas' ("First we feast, then we felony!")
7. Only six hours of sleep (not really a highlight)
Have I mentioned how much I love summer?!