Sunday, December 5, 2010

Beating Robs...a new Christmas Tradition?

This is my brother-in-law Robs:




































He's the one on the left, enjoying a feminine-pink Italian soda with Alan.

Growing up in a house full of competitive boys, I may have picked up a little competitiveness of my own. Just a little.

And for some reason beyond me, I've chosen to fiercely compete with Robs.

For example, when I play Ticket to Ride with my in-laws, Robs is the man to take down. He's like a virus--He destroys railroad tracks in a sinister silence AND when you least expect it. Plus, he wins practically every game. So during those few times when he loses, I feel like my dad after an ASU win against U of A--I just want to run out and bear my testimony.

Recently, Robs posted a rather charming recipe for Hot Cocoa on Facebook: Hot chocolate + mint extract + whipped cream + nutmeg.

My competitive drive decided to one-up Robs by making an even more delicious Hot Cocoa recipe.

So William and I made a recipe similar to "Flanders Hot Cocoa" last night. Ned Flanders is a neighbor to the Simpsons, and in the Simpsons movie, he makes Bart a dreamy hot cocoa concoction. See the clip here.

Hershey's Bliss Hot Chocolate + Whipped Cream + Oreo Vanilla Wafers + Chocolate shavings + more Whipped Cream + a toasted Marshmallow = Heaven

Behold:















Robs, enjoy your nutmeg/mint cocoa. I think I won this round. What a great way to get into the Christmas spirit!

4 comments:

  1. Jenny. I need a copy of that fruity drink picture. I'm making a holiday scrapbook. Pronto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will admit defeat in regard to the hot cocoa.

    Do you remember that awesome game of Ticket to Ride when we ended with a point tie? So, as the rules state, we then looked to see who had completed the most destination cards. Again, a tie....BUT lo and behold, the rules went on to explain (and I quote), "In the unlikely event that they are still tied, the player with the Longest Continuous Path card wins." That's all I will say...

    Thank you for the dedicated post, however. It made my day!

    PS. You need to post more pictures from your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey...I met him the other week :)

    ReplyDelete