Thursday, November 1, 2012

Tricky Treat

As much as I love the month of October, I'm always a little glad it's over. 
Last night we made two kinds of delicious soups, baked four batches of cornbread, drank ginger ale, cream soda and Yoohoo, and ate two chocolate pumpkin pies.


It turns out, June was born to Trick or Treat. After about the second house, she knew exactly what to do: knock on the door, hold out her bucket, followed by an "ooooOOOOOO" when candy was given, then on to the next house. (As a former teacher, I really do believe children learn quickly when candy is involved.)

When we dumped her candy on the floor, she only grabbed the suckers. She'd suck on one for about a minute, then find another one. We ended up with about six uneaten suckers, but at least my girl was happy.

October was amazing, but let's move on to more important holidays, shall we?


4 comments:

  1. After four days of deliberation, I am pleased to announce that June is the cutest thing I saw on Halloween. For reals.

    ReplyDelete