Monday, October 25, 2010

You wanna stay alive, better do what you can, so beat it.

My cute nephew Grant decided to be his idol for Halloween: Michael Jackson. This gave William and I the idea to be his back-up dancers.

But not just ANY back-up dancers, my friends.

We opted for the totally tough, totally 80's back-up dancers from the "Beat It" music video...the two who duke it out with switch blades.






















So Bad... Especially Grant and his glitter glove.
(That's me in the middle, by the way.)
See the music video here if you need a refresher of the toughness.

On a related note, I'm so lucky to be related to and friends with so many creative types.

Especially the creative types that like to throw Halloween parties.

My sister-in-law, Marci "Party Host Extraordinaire" Coombs, throws a mean Halloween Party. Both this year and last year's parties were a hit, mainly because she can really gross us out with Fear Factor Challenges. (If you can gross out Scott Coombs, a man who eats mustard toast and Vienna sausages on a daily basis, you know how to factor the fear.)

Here's just a delicious taste of her party:

















I suggest you read more about it here and here.

In addition, my very funny and very talented friend, Daphne "Wizard" Lofgreen, can too throw an amazing Halloween Party. This one included games of "Last Chance", "Creep Cake" decorating, creating our death certificates, and karaoke at Applebee's.

Here's a sample of her shin-dig...


















...and the hostess herself...


















...and one last shot of my awesome jacket...






















Thanks for the memories Marci and Daphne!

P.S. Ryan and Sarah, I want a Fear Factor rematch.

2 comments:

  1. This post makes me smile for SO many different reasons!!! I LOVE throwing the Halloween party and will continue doing it as long as everyone has fun. And dresses up. And willingly eats gross things for my fear factor competition. P.S. I LOVE your friend Daphne's Halloween banner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please, please tell me you will be wearing this when you teach on Friday.

    ReplyDelete