It was really exciting celebrating William's 1st Father's Day... but I failed to mention my OWN dad.
Here's my dad and I at Burger King when I was about 3 or 4 years old. He's holding my little brother, Ryan.
We still enjoy a good hamburger.
I love my dad tons. So much, in fact, that I've acquired some of his traits.
Allow me to share just a few:
1. We both love amazingly awful and ridiculous movies that have amazingly awful and ridiculous stunts (such as a limousine driving through a falling building, a bus literally launching itself across an unfinished bridge, and big airplanes being able to maneuver through the air with ease).
2. We love American history, especially watching WWII movies. ("Saving Private Ryan" gets me every time.)
3. We love quoting lines from various movies and TV shows.
4. We both love NYPD Blue and Prison Break.
5. We both are huge ASU fans.
6. We appreciate good hot dogs (Big Dawgs, Ted's, although I prefer NO sauerkraut)
7. We love traveling and going to museums
8. We both talk to ourselves (sometimes without realizing it)
9. We forget to drink water sometimes because we're too preoccupied with our soda
10. He likes to talk politics, I like listening
11. We both love the gospel.
12. We both adore Marilyn (my mom)
Really, the list can go on, but I'll just keep it an even twelve. (Notice how most of the list involves TV and movies.)
One of my favorite things to do is watch my dad be a grandpa. He is hilarious with the grandkids. I can't wait until June starts to really interact with my Dad.
June can't get enough of him.
I know the feeling, June.
I love you, pops!