June is still not crawling. While most parents would be a little concerned about this, here are some things I tell myself:
- She is content with her little space around her, which makes her a grateful person.
- She is in no hurry to grow up. She is enjoying her childhood too much.
- If she was crawling, she wouldn't need her mom as much, and she just loves her mom too much to let her go.
- She doesn't want to ruin her knees. She has seen her mom's ugly knees, and they look like they were crawled on a little too much.
- She knows her mom loves her little chubby legs. Crawling would burn calories, and therefore make her legs more toned. A baby with toned legs?
- She's an over-achiever. She wants to skip crawling, and go straight to walking.
Look how much she enjoys not crawling:
Also, this photo made me and William laugh. She looks like she's judging us in some way.
Speaking of Easter candy... I'm not one to talk about weight loss on the internets, but I'm just too giddy: I've finally lost all my baby weight (54 pounds!!). It took 51 weeks... just in time for June's 1st birthday, I guess?