Here's how my summer ended this past Labor Day:
|Matt's Big Breakfast // Swimming at the Butte's // Grimaldi's for free Birthday Pizza|
I've been thinking about what I need/want to accomplish before the new year, but I keep having thoughts to slow down and keep it simple.
And then I feel like I'm all grown up.
It's weird to feel older, sometimes I have mixed feelings about it. (I know... I'm only 28.) It's been interesting to discover that I've taken on some "old-ish" qualities just within the last few years.
· I like the taste of banana peppers, pickles, and Tabasco more and more (not all at once).
· I like traveling, but not to crowded places.
· I prefer staying in than going out. (This might be one of my introvert qualities, but I'm taking it as 'growing older' too.)
· I like rain. (I used to despise it as a teacher because of rainy day schedule. It's also not good for my hair.)
· I don't care what kind of car I drive, as long as it has good AC.
· I love being a mom. A lot. I used to think moms were lame, but I know a lot of cool moms. And I guess even the cool moms are a little lame, but in the best possible way... I just wish I knew that growing up.
· I now realize that my mom and dad DO know what they're talking about.
· I finally see the advantages of living an "early to bed, early to rise" lifestyle. I used to think it was just a "neat" tip, but it actually does make a difference.
· I am beginning to be more and more appalled with the lyrics and the quality of music that is played on the radio.... like, disgusted... like, I can't believe they were allowed to record this and they're playing it on the radio for anyone to hear... like, ew...
· I like surrounding myself with happy people. It's better for my health.
· Sometimes teenagers make me nervous.
· Ripe fruit and veggies bring me so much joy. Like "I can't believe this came out of the ground and tastes so gloriously amazing!!!!!" kind of joy.
· Puns get funnier to me every year. And I will always laugh at the "So and So called" jokes. (Example: "The ocean called... they're running out of shrimp")
I'll just end by quoting Blink 182: "So I guess this is growing up."
Nothing says growing up like Blink 182, right?