Thursday, September 6, 2012

They say it's your Birthday

I planned on going to a quiet breakfast, getting the house cleaned, then going out to dinner with my family.

That morning, William had already left for work, when I got a text from him: "Dang it sorry I think I left my lunch on the little space out on our patio could you check to see if it's there". I didn't fall for it... I knew something good was about to happen.

I opened the front door and a wall of balloons came down on me, while "Birthday" by the Beatles suddenly blasted on our stereo. 
















William danced into the house and handed me a flyer of Birthday Activities we were to begin right away. 
So that's what we did. (Minus the dance party, we took a nap instead.)


Let me just end by recommending the Griddled Bread Pudding from Liberty Market... and the sweet potato fries from Joe's Farm Grill... and having relatives close by to babysit so you and your husband can go see a mid-morning movie... and having your spouse take work off so you can have the best birthday ever.

Thanks to everyone who celebrated with me. 28 is good to me.



1 comment: