Sunday, July 31, 2011

Layered Ravioli Salad


















This recipe was recommended by my Aunt Kathleen, and my mom and I decided to make it for one of our project days (actually, my mom made it while I took care of June... thanks Mom).


Layered Ravioli Salad

1 pkg. (9 oz) refrigerated 4 cheese filled ravioli (the recipe actually calls for Tortellini, but I liked ravioli better)

1 cup frozen sweet peas (from a 1 bl. Bag)

5 cups torn romaine lettuce

1 ½ cups julienne carrots (can buy the ones already done)

2 cups grilled chicken, diced ( I bought a rotisserie chicken, makes it sooooo easy)

1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips

½ Cup mayonnaise

½ cup refrigerated basil pesto

¼ cup buttermilk

2 tbs. chopped fresh parsley or Basel leaves


1. Cook ravioli as directed on the package, adding peas during the last 4 minutes of cook time. Drain and then remove the ravioli’s from your strainer, putting them in a separate bowl.

2. In a 3-4 quart clear bowl, layer the lettuce, the carrots, chicken, peas, ravioli and place the stripped bell peppers in a circle as your top layer.

3. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, pesto and buttermilk. Spread over peppers, and sprinkle with parsley. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours until chilled or better Is overnight. Stir just before serving.

3 comments:

  1. ya this salad is amazing!! ive been too lazy to make it (although everyday ive wanted to) but my mom made it for me and i could have eaten the whole bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! This needs to be made for our next Sunday dinner!

    ReplyDelete