Thursday, April 19, 2012

Being There

It's been that kind of week... the kind when you don't feel like you are doing the best that you can.

I think June can sense I'm having that kind of week too... she wants to be held more, wants to snack on things she's not supposed to snack on, wants to watch another Elmo episode, wants to push the grocery cart (not sit in it), wants to take everything off the shelves, wants to climb the stairs, wants to get out of her car seat, wants to play with our toilet paper, etc.


























I can't stay frustrated at a face like that.

Even though it's been that kind of week, I'm still grateful for people who help in the most thoughtful ways:

- The kind that come home after a long day working, and don't care that we're eating macaroni and cheese, frozen pizza, and frozen corn for dinner.
- The kind that share pizzas and salads, play 'VidRhythm', make me laugh, and gush about June even though she's got boogers in her nose.
- The kind that listen to my 'I'm an awful parent!' story and then tells a more revolting (and incredibly funny) story to make me feel less guilty about my parenting experience.
- The kind that help me with unexpected expense, and still buy me a coke every time I come around.

Thanks family and friends.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, it'll get better!! Even the parents I look up to the most have days like that, hang in there mama!

    ReplyDelete