Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Eat and swim and eat and more eating

One thing I need (REALLY REALLY NEED) is something to look forward to. Sometimes I'll have spells where I'm not feeling the most happy about things, and I quickly realize that I need to plan something to be excited about.

I'm feeling pretty content after making our 'Summer To Do' List.


I realized much of our list is food-related (grilling, pies, breads, Postino's, etc.). William wants to try an open mic night, which makes me incredibly nervous. But I may even be more nervous to clean our garage, simply because there might be attack-ready spiders lurking in the depths therein. 


I saw this, and I've obsessed over several chalkboard art all over the webs, so I styled it after those. I loved doing this. Just like Debfreckles says,  "I want (need) to be creative more often... I realized that being creative makes me happy and I am going to try and do it more." 



P.S. I'm definitely looking forward to this the most:

16 comments:

  1. Now that is creative! I think June is scheming to erase parts of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you are amazing! Can I commission you to come make our chalk board pretty? (seriously though...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! You've got mad lettering skills girl. And hello, San Francisco? When are you guys going? It would be fun to meet up for dinner or something. (I know it's a 2 hour drive for us, but we still manage to find ourselves there about once a month.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shanna! We would love that! Unfortunately, we're going the 16th and coming back the 18th (a Monday through Wednesday vacation), so if you can't make it because of work, we understand completely... but seriously we would love if you guys could!!

      Delete
  4. San Francisco is my favorite place of all time....I love it more than NYC! Tim and I met at an open mic night....luckily he wasn't performing or the future may have re-written itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha - I'll have to hit you up for some San Fran suggestions. I'm so excited!

      Delete
  5. I hate attack-ready spiders. Actually, in our house, it's attack-ready roaches. I hate them. But I love your summer list!!! I'm the same way -I need things to look forward to. It just makes everything better

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cute lettering!!

    I also always need something to look forward to. Fortunately your blog posts provide just that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad to see more of this project. I hope it felt good to make this because it is amazing. Your lettering is perfect. We need to get together. Splash park? My house? A restaurant? You name it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also what is "Matt's big breakfast"? I love big breakfasts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was mentioned on the Food Network... it's supposed to be amazing, but very small so there's always a wait.

      Delete
  9. Wow. Now THAT is a list. My lists are usually in a Word or Excel document or scribbled down on a piece of paper. Or in my head, in which case, I forget it about 30 seconds after I make it. I bow to your list-making skills, Jenny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am obsessed with that cute chalkboard list. I really wish I could make one too. SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ok i am totally copying you copying someone else.

    ReplyDelete