Wednesday, February 8, 2012

AZ Love Part 1

When I think about the possibility of moving somewhere else (namely California, Oregon, Virginia, Utah, or that town where the Gilmore Girls live), I can't help but think that they don't even remotely compare to my home state. Sure, our summers are too long and green foliage lacks in most of the valley, but it's totally worth it to me.

Arizona will be 100 years old this February 14th, so on behalf of each year it's been around, I'm listing 100 things I love about the Great Grand Canyon State. (No, I've never been to the Grand Canyon... pathetic, I know.)

This is part 1 of my list:














1. Mesa (not just because I was born there)
2. Greer
3. Carolina's Mexican Food (particularly their tortillas)
4. Pro Ranch Market
5. Joe's BBQ
6. 75ยบ in January
7. Swimming (almost year-round)
8. The orange groves
9. Mesa Temple
10. Prescott
11. QT*
12. Smeeks
13. Bosa Donuts
14. ASU
15. Phoenix Suns
16. Arizona Diamondbacks
17. Sunsplash
18. Pine/Strawberry
19. The monsoon season
20. Tia Rosas
21. Scottsdale Fashion Square (which, by the way, is getting a Madewell this spring)
22. Marquee Theater
23. Zia Records
24. Wearing flip flops year-round
25. Ted's Hot Dogs

*I realize that this establishment was not created in Arizona, but the fact that we have them is a HUGE advantage for this state.

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited to be back in the QT state, oh I mean Grand Canyon state. We're so grabbing some horchata smoothies in our moving truck as soon as we cross back over into the promised land

    ReplyDelete
  2. This list makes me happy. I have some serious AZ pride as well - I'm excited to see parts 2 - 4. So far, we see eye to eye on many things;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This list is cruel and unusual punishment for a native Arizona girl that now lives in Utah. I'm bracing myself for the remaining 75.

    ReplyDelete