Wednesday, August 17, 2011

9am Lighting

As I've mentioned before, I'm trying to learn to take better photos.

No, I will not call myself a photographer.
Yes, I have a loooooooooong way to go. How long? I hope to be a sufficient photographer by the time June has her firstborn.

One thing I've been reading about is natural light. I've been told to find out what time and which room brings in the best natural light. So first I tried morning light. (I WAS going to try late afternoon light, but it was a cloudy day today --I'm not complaining.)

Don't mind my notes on photography:

This is the lighting in my room at 9am.




















Not too bad.

Taking these pictures also made me realize I need a bigger lens. I tried doing a close-up on June's eyes:


























Look how long her eyelashes are!
Okay, I'm done.

Reading: "Virus on Orbis 1" (meh, it's aight... I'm trying to read more science fiction)
Anticipating: Making my first peach pie
Listening to: Strokes, Angles
Wanting: This camera strap ($138?! Might as well get a new lens.)
Counting: The number of times that June peed or spit up on a surface today. Let's just say I can do an ENTIRE load of laundry on what she marked her territory.



3 comments:

  1. Would you please figure out how to make these adorable close ups of June SCRATCH AND SNIFF!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must start taking pictures at 9:00 am.

    Must learn how to crop June's eyelashes in Photoshop, and paste them onto pictures of myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos look so great, Jenny. I think lighting is everything. Nothing beats good light. This lens:
    http://www.amazon.com/Canon-50mm-1-8-Camera-Lens/dp/B00007E7JU/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1313623381&sr=8-7
    is an inexpensive but great lens if your looking for a good close up!

    ReplyDelete