Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Slump

I try not to complain too much because I don't want to sound ungrateful. I am SO grateful.

But things have not been easy lately.

So to help me forget these hard things, bear with me as I write a quick list of things I'm grateful for...

#1: These two:

















The one on the left is the best because she's getting better sleeping at night, eating solids, and letting me sit on the floor with her (for a while she ONLY wanted to be held). And she lets me kiss her cheeks way too much.

The one on the right is the best simply because he makes me happy. He also cooks me pancakes, writes me funny emails from work, and loves my haircut (which I am STILL not happy with).

#2 - My family:
My parents are so supportive... They are quick to help in any way. I don't know how my mom does it, but she always calls at just the right time. My brothers are the same. I love hanging out with each one of them. I miss going to ASU games and Carolinas with them. And a HUGE plus: they have awesome families. Love those guys.

#3 - My In-laws:
Last weekend, my mom-in-law, Martha, came to AZ for my sister-in-law's baby shower. I just loved spending time with her. My favorite that happened? Going into June's room Saturday morning, only to find her in Martha's room having a good time. Grandmas are the best.

I am really looking forward to Thanksgiving this year, simply because I get to spend a week in Utah with the Bradfords. It's ALWAYS a blast. And the best part? June gets to finally meet Uncle Michael.
























Seeing missionaries come home is the greatest feeling ever.

#4 - this talk. Elder Uchtdorf is on a roll lately. He says exactly what I need to hear.

#5 - Good music. (Okay, okay. Ryan Adams' new album isn't that bad, William. It's actually really really good.)

There. I already feel a little better.
Now I'm ready to bake my first apple pie tomorrow.

P.S. I love these photos. They are good to look at when you're in a slump.

No comments:

Post a Comment