Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Chicken Cesaer Sandwich

This is dedicated to William's little brother, David. This sandwich combines three of David's favorite things: Cesaer dressing, King's Hawaiian rolls, and meat.


















I originally found the recipe here on Pinterest, but I changed it up.

Chicken Cesaer Sandwiches

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts

1/2 cup diced onion

1/2 tsp garlic powder

1/4 cup Cesaer dressing (I used Newman's Own)

1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

1/8 cup fresh chopped parsley

1/2 teaspoon ground pepper

8 rolls - I used King's Hawaiian

Butter


1. Place chicken in a 3-4 quart crock pot with 1 cup of water. Add chopped onions and sprinkle chicken with garlic powder. Cover and cook on low heat for 4-5 hours.


2. Remove chicken and onions from crock pot. Drain water, shred chicken, and remove fat.


3. Place chicken back in the crock pot and pour dressing, cheese, parsley, and pepper over the top. Stir together. Cover and cook on high heat for 30 minutes or until mixture is hot.


4. Butter the rolls and toast on the stove or griddle. Scoop a few spoonfuls of chicken on rolls.


You can add romaine lettuce of course... I prefer no lettuce on hot sandwiches.

1 comment:

  1. YES!!! I am so making these. My mouth just watered and everything

    ReplyDelete