Monday, September 19, 2011

Creamy Chicken with Biscuits






















If you love crockpot recipes and Pillsbury Biscuits, then get ready for this one.

I ripped this recipe out of a Real Simple Magazine and thought I lost it. I couldn't find it online, so when I finally found my paper copy, I had to quickly type it on the bliggidy blog.

And William loves this dish.

Creamy Chicken with Biscuits (via Real Simple)

4 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch lengths
2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
salt and pepper
1 cup chicken broth (The REAL recipe calls for 1/2 cup, plus 1/2 cup of dry white wine but I changed it since my cupboards don't ever have wine in them.)
6 biscuits (Canned Pillsbury Biscuits are where it's at.)
1 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup heavy cream

1. In a 4-6 quart slow cooker, toss together the carrots, celery, onion, and flour. Place the chicken on top and season with the poultry seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add broth.
2. Cover and cook until the chicken and vegetables are tender, on low for 5 to 6 hours OR on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
3. Thirty minutes before serving, prepare the biscuits.
4. Ten minutes before serving, add the peas, cream, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to the chicken and stir to combine. Cover and cook until heated through, 5 to 10 minutes more.
5. To serve, place the bottom halves of the biscuits in shallow bowls, then top with chicken mixture and the remaining biscuit halves.



1 comment:

  1. oh jenny, you always make me so hungryyyyyy when you post these good recipes!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete