Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sauteed Corn and Black Bean Salad

























It's about time I try some the recipes I've been collecting on Pinterest. (I've got some big plans with some of those boards.)

This salad is really easy, and I had most of the ingredients anyway, thanks to Superstition Ranch Market (I'm so grateful that place is so cheap).

















Sauteed Corn and Black Bean Salad (via Say Yes to Hoboken)

-Sautee kernels from 3 ears of corn in 2 T of butter until they start to brown slightly in spots. Remove from heat and toss with:
-A can of drained black beans
-1 sliced avocado
-2 T chopped green onions
(I didn't have green onions. I sauteed 1/2 of a yellow onion with the corn)
-Juice of two limes and
-A handful of roughly chopped cilantro
(I didn't add cilantro to William's half... he doesn't like cilantro. He went to Mexico for his mission, and doesn't like cilantro?)

Serve chilled

I also noticed that my serving bowl in my photos is very similar to the one on Say Yes to Hoboken. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment