Saturday, September 3, 2011

Vanilla Buttercream Frosting


























I recently went to Superstition Ranch Market and overflowed my cart with fruits and veggies. The raspberries were SO cheap, so I got a bunch and decided to make Raspberry Cupcakes.

For the actual cupcake, I just used yellow cake mix. Instead of water I added milk, and instead of oil I added butter. Then I folded in the raspberries.

But this post isn't about the cake, it's about the Vanilla Buttercream frosting. Really really really good Vanilla Buttercream frosting... and SO easy.

This frosting that I made before was SUPER light and fluffy.

Vanilla Buttercream Frosting is slightly more dense, but just as delicious.



























Vanilla Buttercream (Slightly revised from the 'Always With Butter' recipe)

1 c softened butter
4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp vanilla
4 tbsp heavy cream (I used whipping cream...still turned out)

Beat butter and 3 cups sugar. Add vanilla, salt, and cream. Beat for 3 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment